Idea Chamber

Welcome Strikers! Don't forget to confirm your e-mail address after registration! To have the confirmation mail resent, check the popup at the bottom of your screen.

Rework Exchange Luck?

NessVIINessVII Posts: 186Member Master Striker
At the moment, the Exchange Luck feature is terrible, IMO.
The system for exchanging monsters is awkward; the list of monsters you can trade in is sorted by Luck only, making it difficult to find the monster I want to trade in.
On top of that, the incentives are not worth it. 70-luck monsters for 8 Morling X's? I can get those with a few Trial runs or Hyperboost dungeons, instead of spending months hoarding 4* in exchange, not that I'd trade in a monster that's reached that level already.

I don't know if Exchange Luck and its "prizes" are a prototype for something bigger, but otherwise, I'd either replace the morlings and maxpies with actual hard-to-find monsters as an actual incentive, or get rid of the feature entirely.

Comments

• KrakhanKrakhan Posts: 268Member Battle-Hardened Striker
    It was a feature from long ago in JP even before the morling buff IIRC, so ya it's rather old and outdated now since it's easy to get tons of morlings and expies in a lot of ways.

So I'd love to see a rework of this as well in some way or another. Also for some other parts of the game too (gold & friend hatcher in particular), but topics for another thread.
  • Mr.FMr.F Posts: 2,136Member Legendary Striker
    Krakhan said:

It was a feature from long ago in JP even before the morling buff IIRC, so ya it's rather old and outdated now since it's easy to get tons of morlings and expies in a lot of ways.

It was added before the relase of 5-star-only quests right? To give incentive to hold onto those piles of Skyfish they had from Trials or Tower so they'd be somewhat useful?

While I still find it great for events like the Dream Sharl hatcher (I haven't even rolled yet and I can tell you I've amassed three 90-luck Jorm, two 90-luck Nessi-Z, and over the years of reworked Trials, four Wrathful Jabbanero) where you can convert your surplus into something more useful than Gold.

In JP, they have conversions to Materials (elemental sharls), which is an improvement in my eyes, but for a real kick, why not convert excess luck into rare currency like Medals?
    "This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
  • SFGundamSFGundam Posts: 850Moderator Community Moderator
    It was released (in JP anyways) before the Morling pluses were increased and we fused them to each other for Mega Fuses lol
    ---------------------------------------------
    Youtube Channel / Twitter / Wiki / Blog

Monster Strike the Movie
  • KrakhanKrakhan Posts: 268Member Battle-Hardened Striker
    Ya, the bad ol' days of intense box micromanagement. Glad those are mostly gone at least. :)