Discussion Hall

Welcome Strikers! Don't forget to confirm your e-mail address after registration! To have the confirmation mail resent, check the popup at the bottom of your screen.

Tower of Champions is Back!

1235»

Comments

• ShadoAnnaruShadoAnnaru Posts: 153Member Your Local Striker
    @Mr.F I'm still not feeling it. He has a hard time clearing the mobs in the first floor that I die to the explosions far more than I should be.

That's the problem with Ashura. With Acala, I end up having them at the bottom because I'm trying to clear mobs and not dying. I end up taking too much damage and not being able to position for the next stage where I eat the machine-gun and die. If I don't die there, I always die at Bishamonten. Acala just doesn't have the speed to heal effectively, clear effectively, or even position effectively for his bump. There's just too much dps from the enemy and not enough dps on my end. I know how all the floors are supposed to be done and why some people use Acala but I just can't carry him through the stages.

I'm guessing for this NGB team, you want me to use Acala as well (you only mentioned 3 monsters)? And why won't Mundus' SS work on them? That's a big reason why I would even bring them in the first place. Are you sure it doesn't work? Ugh...

Huh...Susano...it might be unconventional but I'm thinking double Susano and double Lucy. Maybe pure bump damage might be enough for the stages until Babel.I don't have Alice or Athos. It might be fun anyways, seeing that light show. Maybe throw in a Mundus somewhere too.

@Krakhan That's a lot of gold hearts...still, seeing that second sling from Acala at the start, I never thought about doing that before. That's interesting. Maybe it can help me or at least play around with the idea.

@redria7 Are people not scared of the mines?
    ShadoAnnaru
  • redria7redria7 Posts: 298Member Elite Striker
    The mines don't do that much damage luckily.
  • Mr.FMr.F Posts: 2,112Member Legendary Striker
    edited March 2

@Mr.F I'm still not feeling it. He has a hard time clearing the mobs in the first floor that I die to the explosions far more than I should be.

The intro stage to 30F? Pinch between the 8 mobs exactly like how Yamato's quest goes. The mobs with explosions should be dead by the time your first monster has to go again.

I also listed only three monsters because I leave the 4th up to you (or your helper list). And yes. I'm sure they won't work. @TIPSP confirmed that those skull-bosses are treated like shields more than monsters. Thankfully, delaying the real Babel cuts damage taken by 1/2 (and Mundus' bump-combo still registers damage).

Also, mines on 28F aren't THAT big of an issue if you have 3 sweepers. I've seen a run where Ryoma was the 4th (granted there were two Aggy X's -- I want to say the 3rd was GodStriker or Leah) -- successfully pinching 100% of the time reduces damage from mines (because the robots spewing them will be dead and when you clear the battle you'll have recovered the lost HP).
    "This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
    @redria7 Ah, I see.

@Mr.F Acala can't pinch that reliably. ****, it happened in that clear video that Krakhan posted. Look at the first 10 seconds of that video: that's what happens to me with Acala. ****, Lucy pinches better than Acala.

That sucks really hard...this isn't helping how most people favor other SS rather than delay SS. I actually like my delays. I value clears over bonus chests.

Eh...I think I'll stick with my clear team of double Ashura and double Agna X.
    ShadoAnnaru
  • Mr.FMr.F Posts: 2,112Member Legendary Striker

@Mr.F Acala can't pinch that reliably.

Aren't all marbles the same size? It's all about angles and velocity (so getting into that tight spot should require the same effort... but if the spot is too far away, Acala might slow down too much and not do enough hits).

But the point is moot if you have a reliable enough team with monsters you're very familiar with using.
    "This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
    @Mr.F Like I said, look at the first 15 seconds on that video Krakhan posted. Not all the marbles are the same size. 3-stars and lower are smaller. But that's besides the point. Power types have a hard time pinching if it's not Avalon pinching. Use Acala or any power bias monster in Yamato and see if you can clear the 2 closest mobs with them consistently. I mean, Lucy gets slowed down by the gravity barriers but she still can kill the closest mobs. I have to get like...the perfect angle to kill the mobs with Acala. Way too much work to carry him for me personally.
    ShadoAnnaru
  • teatea Posts: 205Member Your Local Striker
    in the 1st stage of yamato, like 95% of the time i can't get a clean pinch with hk in the 2nd slot. he's not a power type, and his atk is low, i think under 22k. i always thought that was weird, never bothered to investigate though.

this was kinda entertaining. he misses the first pinch too if you're wondering lol

• MaruSeiMaruSei Posts: 141Member Your Local Striker
    edited March 7

I noticed this for the first time today, I've never cleared the tower before but it looks like if you beat all 40 floors you can unlock some (if it's new) extra content.

I am very curious about this!
    I will ask a friend about it later :)
  • SFGundamSFGundam Posts: 841Moderator Community Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------
    Youtube Channel / Twitter / Wiki / Blog

Monster Strike the Movie
  • WhyFixWhatAintBrokeWhyFixWhatAintBroke Posts: 415Member Elite Striker
    @SFGundam if you have 2 of the same monster, will you be able to use each one once?
  • AegisLCAegisLC Posts: 87Member Up-and-coming Striker

@SFGundam if you have 2 of the same monster, will you be able to use each one once?

Not to randomly butt in, but yes you are allowed to use each duplicate once in either the same or separate Jade dungeons.
    Founder of the Strikers' Union Discord Server, click here to join!
    Nanami kawaii~

• MaruSeiMaruSei Posts: 141Member Your Local Striker
    So if I understood correctly, you can fuse two max luck monsters together, one of them holding a scroll, to get two scrolls. Then you can transcend to get three scrolls. That means five berry slots altogether right? If I'm not retarded then that's crazy! You can't use the same monster for all jade dungeons so it looks difficult as ****
  • KoshinatorKoshinator Posts: 183Member Battle-Hardened Striker
    MaruSei said:

So if I understood correctly, you can fuse two max luck monsters together, one of them holding a scroll, to get two scrolls. Then you can transcend to get three scrolls. That means five berry slots altogether right? If I'm not retarded then that's crazy! You can't use the same monster for all jade dungeons so it looks difficult as ****

No, it's 3 total for transcensions - just +1 over the usual.
  • WhyFixWhatAintBrokeWhyFixWhatAintBroke Posts: 415Member Elite Striker
    @AegisLC, thanks.

Also, how exactly do the requirements for accessing the Jades work? Are the requirements just that you've cleared all 40 floors at SOME point, or do you have to have cleared the current iteration of the tower to access the Jades?
    @tea I don't care if it's HK. Anyone that isn't a power bias can pinch well, even if it's relatively low attack (HK has low attack? What?). It is specifically a power bias issue. It has really nothing to do with how high the attack is. It has to do with how many hits you actually do in the pinch. Check the top right counter when you do that pinch on Yamato with HK. If it's 20+ it's not really surprising he can kill the mobs. But a power bias type is lucky to even hit above 15 hits.
    ShadoAnnaru
    huh, i said i CAN NOT pinch. hunter king's attack is 21858 maxed, so yes i consider that low.

if you watch the video with 4 fudo i posted he misses the first pinch because his angle is off, but he has no problem hitting pinches after than with more than 20 hits.
  • AegisLCAegisLC Posts: 87Member Up-and-coming Striker

@AegisLC, thanks.

Also, how exactly do the requirements for accessing the Jades work? Are the requirements just that you've cleared all 40 floors at SOME point, or do you have to have cleared the current iteration of the tower to access the Jades?

That bit I don't know about, but even JP would sound like a jerk if they did that, so... pray that you only have to do them once.
    Founder of the Strikers' Union Discord Server, click here to join!
    Nanami kawaii~

• SFGundamSFGundam Posts: 841Moderator Community Moderator
    Have to clear up to 40F every single time.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Youtube Channel / Twitter / Wiki / Blog

Monster Strike the Movie
    @tea That's strange. You're just not doing it right then. That's not low. It's nothing compared to 18k and 19k attack of other monsters, namely drop monsters. It's not that high either. Just average.

He also takes a ludicrously long time for each shot. You don't have to take nearly as long or be so precise with other monsters. It's a power bias issue, as I said.
    ShadoAnnaru
  • FlyingClutchmanFlyingClutchman Posts: 264Member Elite Striker
    I have never had an issue pinching with a power type. Sometimes pinches don't stick, regardless of bias. I've used Lucas asc and Kushinada Zero plenty in Yamato without issue. Both are power types.

As for Hunter King's attack, I made a spreadsheet a while back for 6* monster stats. I used the data in the creative pack so it is outdated at this point, but not irrelevant. The average 6* had 24.5k base attack. Blast types like HK had 21.6k. Those values don't tell the whole story because they don't take into account the additional 20% bonus to monsters with gauge shots. Based on that, I would say Hunter King has low attack, especially considering he is a transcendent hatcher monster.
    edited March 10
    @ShadoAnnaru i still don't think so, because eg ashura has no problems pinching on 28th floor, mammon and hercules have no problems pinching anywhere, saigo as far as neutral goes etc. but again i do think there are some specific weird things going on. my HK problem is ONLY with HK and ONLY the middle mobs on the first stage, and then some others that might just be me having problems consistently (lower left on 31 2nd stage, left on 37 1st stage).

36381 atk x 7 hits = 254,667
    Post edited by tea on
    edited March 10

why the disproportionate damage? she's anti magic, balance and her skill isn't critical. i just tried this 3 times and the same thing happened each time. somehow it's like a loop hit/match or whatever but it's treating the top one like a wall. i don't know
  • angolmoaangolmoa Posts: 224Member Battle-Hardened Striker
    tea said:

why the disproportionate damage? she's anti magic, balance and her skill isn't critical. i just tried this 3 times and the same thing happened each time. somehow it's like a loop hit/match or whatever but it's treating the top one like a wall. i don't know

you hit on the matchshot point of the bottom mob while only hit a few times of the top oni. you have to rememeber, EVERYTHING has a matchshot spot in this game.
    @tea @FlyingClutchman Then I guess it's just me. It always happens with power bias monsters for me. ALWAYS (ok not always but a lot). It happens way too often to me with power bias monsters that how can I not think it's a power bias issue? Though, tea, it's strange you have that problem with HK. I never have that problem with HK in Yamato. I know which mob you're talking about. I actually have more trouble with the bottom-most mob.
    ShadoAnnaru
1235»