Discussion Hall

Welcome Strikers! Don't forget to confirm your e-mail address after registration! To have the confirmation mail resent, check the popup at the bottom of your screen.

Micha Transcension Released

AegisLCAegisLC Posts: 84Member Up-and-coming Striker
edited April 18 in Discussion Hall
Looks like Micha really is the only unit getting a transcension this month... to say the least, my enthusiasm's a little shot right now, but all I can really do now is wait until next time in hopes of better times.
Founder of the Strikers' Union Discord Server, click here to join!
Nanami kawaii~

Comments

• cabbagecabbage Posts: 2,191Member Legendary Striker
    I am very pumped, I've been looking forward to this one for a long time! I took her through the Fire Time Trial (hoping for Detox, got Survivor S+, can't complain) and her Meteor Bump is *strong*, it was OHKOing guys if I got to her before the attack down.

Maybe, just maybe, there will be more Transcendents before the end of the month. Wait and see.
    Max lucks... I want all the max lucks.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp3f5nlYq8wOaCRbvuXasYA
  • DamienDamien Posts: 69Member Up-and-coming Striker
    I really, really want Micha. I don't have strong NDW+NGB.

I really want to hatch like crazy, but the drop rate may be low. But Micha is very limited. Maybe I should hatch now.

Anyone had tried hatching in ToT hatcher? Kindly inform me whether I should hatch or not. Is the drop rate for featured Micha is high enough? Do you think 20 10-shots can get her?
  • AmadanAmadan Posts: 509Member Elite Striker
    This hatcher has no increased drop rate AFAIK. Micha is Featured so if you *do* get a 5* it's much more likely to be her, but you're gambling on the base 5* drop rates.
    Amadan said:

This hatcher has no increased drop rate AFAIK. Micha is Featured so if you *do* get a 5* it's much more likely to be her, but you're gambling on the base 5* drop rates.

Oh thank you for clearing that up to me. Good point. I was thinking about what is meant by featured monsters. I should take note on that. Sigh...
    There are 7 NGB/NDW monsters available in this hatcher (minus Acala and Uri in the picture). If you roll enough, chances are good you'll get one. Good luck!

• AmadanAmadan Posts: 509Member Elite Striker
    edited April 18
    cabbage said:

If you roll enough, chances are good you'll get one.

Well, no, strictly speaking that's not correct. It's more accurate to say "if you roll enough, chances are good you'll get Micha", and qualify that to note that "enough" may very well be many, many, many times. With no Featured units other than Micha, the chances to get any specific unit are just as good as any other - the chance to get a non-Featured Oryo is exactly the same as the chance to get a non-Featured Bach.
  • FlyingClutchmanFlyingClutchman Posts: 254Member Elite Striker
    Amadan said:

... non-Featured Bach.

No such thing. Bach is always featured in my book! :tongue:
    Well, thanks, @cabbage, @Amadan. But getting Micha is what I want now, since she's really rare, while others can be found in other hatchers. She's strong as well.
  • Mr.FMr.F Posts: 2,063Member Legendary Striker
    edited April 18
    As a player with a Micha already, I am less than enthused about her transcendent form. She's Beethoven with status recovery. The item-generation and sling-switch is nice, but her bump combos aren't reliable (even though they hit hard).

Compared to Raff, Micha's boost is underwhelming. (And why did she lose her humeri in the process??) Looking forward to when she gets reworked with W-Spark Bullet (or Poison-laser) ... in two years.
    "This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
  • Jay85Jay85 Posts: 45Member Your Local Striker
    Mr.F said:

She's Beethoven with status recovery.

Beeth doesn't even come close to Micha, and not just because she has the stat recovery but in general.

Her tsc form makes her finally useful again, that is good enough for me.

Keep in mind not every tsc monsters are gonna be the next "big" thing.
    Line: jaylee8506
    edited April 18
    I think expectations were high for Micha because she's a Limited character and an Angel and she's following Raff. On paper when XFlag designed them, they probably thought Raphael and Michael were like two sides of the same coin, equal but different, but in practice it turns out that Raphael is nearly broken.

However, this is to take nothing away from Michael! She's like the already great Verdandi but even better: super-versatile ability set, super-versatile SS, and bump combos that do good damage every turn to somebody. Her biggest competitors are Himiko, Athos, Son Goku, and Agnamut X, and different situations will call for different characters but there are some where only Michael will do. Beethoven is left in the dust and I Ascended mine to take advantage of his SS.

Tiger Sakurai and Miyabou were interviewed last year about their most used Transcendent monsters. Their #1 for both was Raphael but Michael came in at #4 and #5 , respectively, so there's plenty about her that makes her worth having and using.

Edit: Oh, and @Amadan what I'm talking about is increasing the pool of monsters that you want. If you increase the number of monsters you want, then of course you have a greater chance of getting one of those. It's why folks get Powerball tickets in groups.

• KonvictKonvict Posts: 49Member Your Local Striker
    I'm honestly pretty happy she is the only transcendence being released this month, purely because I don't have her (I don't have a majority of the transcend-able units anyways..), she's a very limited unit in terms of availability, and I absolutely love her artwork.

I'm going to be dumping all my orbs into this till I get Michawqajihbnfasl;gk;n
  • Mr.FMr.F Posts: 2,063Member Legendary Striker
    Raffael is quite uncontainable and indeed I was hoping that Michel would have attempted to approach that level. To me, her ascension was always useful, but never really necessary (especially compared to Raff). I'll have to see first-hand just how dangerous a non-Micha team in Shambhala is like.
    cabbage said:

Tiger Sakurai and Miyabou were interviewed last year about their most used Transcendent monsters. Their #1 for both was Raphael but Michael came in at #4 and #5 , respectively, so there's plenty about her that makes her worth having and using.

Limiting picks to transcended monsters only takes away from the likes of Lucyfer, Alice, Gabryel, and Robin Hood, and even then Micha only squeezes in at #5? I'm going to deduce that (other than #1), the remainder of their lists were neutral-element ADW monsters? (Godstriker at #2, Aladdin the #3, and Zeus filling in #4)

The remainder of Japan's transcend pool a year ago also included Hunter King, Agnamut X, Susano'o, Mundus-World, Royce, Sanada, Loki, Ra, Ryoma, Eclipse, and Nanami (and Agnamut and Lintzi).

I will defend my Beethoven pick though; I still see equal value in his evolution because it makes him quicker to power-up versus statistically stronger units like Verdandi (hunt for ascension material) and Michel (hunt for her hatchery, then hunt for Gems).
    "This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
  • captaincaptain Posts: 46Member Up-and-coming Striker
    Do you guys know if she makes any top 10 tier lists in Japan? Maybe the top 10 fire monsters?
    Friend ID: 120,722,971,215
    I can agree that Micha may be not that great as Raff. Maybe the possible reason is that Raff is more all-rounder than Micha in terms of rare utility (healing) and ss. But Micha still shines in certain dungeons I guess. Like against the girl riding a petrosaurus... After some time, Micha has a dungeon that she can be the top pick.

One of the few reasons why I care about Micha is that she is really limited. She may not be a big use now, but she has the potential. Other NDW+NGD unit may be found in most hatcher, so no rush to get them. In fact, the top pick for that double nulls should be Arthur, Verdandi and Uri trans. It's pretty short of list, I guess....
  • AephesusAephesus Posts: 1Member Novice Striker
    captain said:

Do you guys know if she makes any top 10 tier lists in Japan? Maybe the top 10 fire monsters?

She was #10 Fire Mon in JP until Wally pushed her off the teir list.
    edited April 19
    Michael was on the Top 10 Fire monsters until a few days ago when she was kicked off by Walpulgis, the new anime monster.

The list for the interview was for only Transcendent monsters so that's what they had to rank. I've posted Tiger Sakurai's ranking that include those other monsters elsewhere on these forums. But here are the full lists from the interview:

Tiger Sakurai

1) Raphael
    2) Royce
    3) Mundus
    4) Loki (tie)
    4) Michael (tie)

Miyabou

1) Raphael
    2) Mundus
    3) Striker (tie)
    3) Royce (tie)
    5) Michael

And here's a transcript of the interview, just the part dealing with Michael (can you tell I have some free time today?):

Interviewer: As of now (September 2016) there are 19 Transcendent monsters out. Which do you use very often?

Sakurai: Right now it's Michael. She has strong abilities and can go to many different quests. But for Shambala I recommend Sakamoto Ryoma more.

Miyabou: Yeah, she has both NGB and NDW so it's easy to take her to lots of quests.

Sakurai: A good combination of versatility and strength. She's especially good for Extreme quests.

Interviewer: Does the Status Recovery come in handy in Shambala?

Sakurai: It does, and her bump combo is also really strong there, much better than Ryoma's. If a player is comfortable using Bounce types in Shambala, she's really reliable there. But Ryoma is such a strong attacker that he can make that quest easier. But I rarely use him outside of Shambala...

Miyabou: I use Ryoma in Bastet, his Spark Bullet is really good for the scorpions.

Owh, I got Micha after 6 10-shots :D
    Damien said:

Owh, I got Micha after 6 10-shots :D

Good to hear, glad the risk paid off! Get a Detox ableberry on her!
    Damien said:

the top pick for that double nulls should be Arthur, Verdandi and Uri trans. It's pretty short of list, I guess....

Micha is better than Verdandi in every way but HP; more damaging SS that also buffs items, higher damage output bump, Status Recovery, and two ableberry slots.

Micha and Arthur have very similar stats but Micha is better in laser barrier quests and in more Impossibles. Arthur is better for farming in easy quests, however, because of the bump and no gauge. But again, Status Recovery and two ableberry slots.

As for Uriel... there's no comparing with Uriel, ha.

• SFGundamSFGundam Posts: 833Moderator Community Moderator
    I've said this in the forums already but I'll say it again.

The game itself does not make "support" monsters very good. It is not like normal mmorpgs where a healer makes or break a raid/dungeon run. Micha is more on the Support side where Raff is more on the Carry/Damage side. If you break the two down where the sides are valued the same, the major difference will be the SS (which Raff will win out but only a little bit). But since the Carry side is valued more, Raff's bump combo wins out by a lot. You don't need a Support monster to beat a dungeon, but you do need a Carry.

All the top monsters in the game are super geared in the Carry spectrum. Null Abilities don't mean anything to them as long as they output tons of damage in a easy way (just look at Asc Pandora, Evo Gabby and Asc Lucy).

Even the new Transcended Merlin will get thrown on the wayside since she is a Support monster. Her Bump Combos aren't on par with the top dogs just because there are easier ones to output damage (rip Rebound Laser meta of like 3 years ago).
    ---------------------------------------------
    Youtube Channel / Twitter / Wiki / Blog
    @Cabbage I struggle to believe that her bump is better than Verdandi's. I'll even use Verdandi over Raff for more damage per turn in crowded dungeons. I imagine Micha's single target damage can be higher, though. Unfortunately I don't have her, so I'll have to hunt for a friend helper to try her out myself.
  • captaincaptain Posts: 46Member Up-and-coming Striker
    Hi Cabbage, why do you suggest detox ableberry? Which other ableberry would you recommend? I have class kinstrength now. Is that worth keeping? Thank you.
    Friend ID: 120,722,971,215
    edited April 19

@Cabbage I struggle to believe that her bump is better than Verdandi's. I'll even use Verdandi over Raff for more damage per turn in crowded dungeons. I imagine Micha's single target damage can be higher, though. Unfortunately I don't have her, so I'll have to hunt for a friend helper to try her out myself.

You will probably need more than 1 to notice a difference when using Verdandi imo. But yeah, Verdandi does more AOE and Micha does more single target. Depends on your style I guess. You can argue that if you indefinitely take down one guy at a time, you will take in less damage. However, Micha's bump is pretty RNG and is not consistent.
    captain said:

Hi Cabbage, why do you suggest detox ableberry? Which other ableberry would you recommend? I have class kinstrength now. Is that worth keeping? Thank you.

Detox because of Shambhala (a Colossal coming up) and the 24F of the Tower. Both of them have a lot of Poison damage.

Class Kinstrength is fine on her.
    @SFGundam Good points. The randomness definitely is a factor, especially in missions with drones and shields. Those can also throw off the targeted rebound laser (I've been experiencing this lately with my new Royce).

Honestly, I think the biggest loser with Micha's release is the already underwhelming Hamelin transcension.
    @captain Class ableberries are good on her because she is a Sprite and there are lots of other Sprites out there so keep that Kinstrength. Detox is good for her because the poison in Shambala and on Floor 24 is very powerful.

@FlyingClutchman Try her out if you can, that's the best way to know!

As for support vs. carry, I can't argue against the effectiveness of top-tier bump combos but it's not my play style. I never use Lucy, and Gabby remains in her Asc form. I prefer defense, mobility, and versatility to brute strength which is why Verdandi is #1 in my most used list and why I am so interested in Micha.

Raff, however, is a crazy combination of all those things which is why I still think she's the best monster in the game.

I think the biggest reason I don't use many support hatcher monsters is that I always play with two devices, using two max luck extremes (Only 2 impossible max lucks for now) and so my last two monsters have to make up for that. Sometimes I think I'd prefer to play with one device for that reason. Then again, I could always just use one max luck.... Nah.

Honestly, I think the biggest loser with Micha's release is the already underwhelming Hamelin transcension.

Oh no you didn't! Hamelin's got good stats, good bumps, and his SS is the key to getting the most out of Lucy's and Kushinada's SSs in gravity barrier quests. The SS also works as a fast-charging speed/power up. I love Hamelin, he's a quirky, fun character, and just for that I'm going to try him out in Shambala (but not with Sanada).

I think the biggest reason I don't use many support hatcher monsters is that I always play with two devices, using two max luck extremes (Only 2 impossible max lucks for now) and so my last two monsters have to make up for that. Sometimes I think I'd prefer to play with one device for that reason. Then again, I could always just use one max luck.... Nah.

Agreed!

edited April 19
    @cabbage The elemental effectiveness might have something to say about that, unfortunately. I like Hamelin, in theory. In practice, I have barely used him because I usually stack NGB in gravity barrier dungeons. He seems like a more support focused Micha with one fewer null ability. I think I tried him in Tsukuyomi once... I don't remember how that went. It might be worth another go.
    edited April 19

I think I tried him in Tsukuyomi once... I don't remember how that went. It might be worth another go.

Hamelin with Daikoku/Gabby or even Kii will be pretty fun ^^.