Discussion Hall

Welcome Strikers! Don't forget to confirm your e-mail address after registration! To have the confirmation mail resent, check the popup at the bottom of your screen.

RIP :(

Comments

• Pete_MSPete_MS Posts: 493Administrator, Moderator Monster Strike Studio
    @girlsbutts

For sure! We had a really good time in LA. Would love to meet up again when we're in town! :)
  • SanwanchezSanwanchez Posts: 3Member Novice Striker
    Don't really go around posting on the forums, so I might as well give my thanks before it's too late. I remember playing Monster Strike about 2 years ago after my cousin recommended it to me (back when the Australian version was a thing, it was really different, we had a slot machine instead of the hatcher and you could buy certain 4 stars, which is how I got my first 90 Luck monster = Dominion)

Since then I've played it all the way from near the end of high school and till the beginning of university this year and I gotta say it was quite the ride! I felt like this game was one of a kind in a sense that you didn't have to have even a single OP (although I did eventually accrue quite a few of them lmao) to excel at the game. All of a sudden, it felt less like a 'mobile game' and more of, well, a 'game'. Beating an impossible or a dungeon with a rough team doesn't feel like a thing I just did, it truly felt like an achievement. And the whole social aspect? Fantastic! Love any game that has a semblance of an active co-op function! Met a lot of cool people on the way in fact. So for that, this game earns a very special place in my heart

Now that the game is shutting down (although I do so hope there is some way to preserve our data at the least), and now that I'm playing it less (blaming university for that one, grrr) whilst I wouldn't imagine I would be as devestated as I was maybe a year ago, it has definitely left my feeling a little be empty and melancholic

Hopefully though this won't be the end of me playing MS (maybe I'll give JP a shot), and most definitely I hope to hear from all of you guys and what game you're going to be working on next :) Maybe it'll be even better than Monster Strike!

Thanks for the memories and experiences guys, you are the best!

(Also to everyone I've played with, sorry for not being around, university took up a lot more time than I thought it did haha, I'll try to play with you all for one last time. On the English servers at least)
  • MaruSeiMaruSei Posts: 147Member Your Local Striker
    I want everyone here to come to JP, you don't have to spend money, just continue playing the game you enjoy with some new surprises along the way :)
  • AzBewbsAzBewbs Posts: 369Member Elite Striker
    I will pour out a little liquor for my dead homies.

• cabbagecabbage Posts: 2,262Member Legendary Striker
    @AzBewbs Hey, another bourbon drinker! My favorite is Elijah Craig.
    Max lucks... I want all the max lucks.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp3f5nlYq8wOaCRbvuXasYA
    @cabbage this is just some of my office stash but yes I love me some bourbon. Favorite is hard to say as I have had Pappy Van Winkle which is the Holy Grail, Unicorn, Great White Buffalo or whatever else you can think of. As for daily Buffalo Trace, Old Forester, Bullet are all pretty solid and cost effective lol. I recently had some Noah's Mill that was very good and some Hancock (Buffalo Trace higher end) which was also very very good.
    @AzBewbs One other favorite I've had once but could never find again is Virgin. Booker's is good too but I have to be in the right mood. Eagle Rare Premium is almost too smooth and I stay away from that so I don't drink too much, ha. Not a fan of Maker's Mark, it tastes salty to me. And I've never had Basil Hayden, would you recommend it?

@cabbage Basil is a descent mid price drink I have some in my collection. Eagle Rare is nice but hard to come by so when I see it I try and grab a bottle. Some of my friends really enjoy that one. Blanton, Angels Envy, Black Ridge, Fours Roses and High West series also very good stuff I recommend.
  • AmadanAmadan Posts: 545Member Master Striker
    AzBewbs said:

Blanton, Angels Envy, Black Ridge, Fours Roses and High West series also very good stuff I recommend.

Our neighbor bought a bottle of Blanton's on a recommendation from one of my friends, and he didn't like it, so he gave the bottle to me and I made bourbon chocolate chip cookies from it. They were great! Even the non-whiskey-drinkers loved them.

Then he told my friend, who was utterly horrified that I was baking with Blanton's, drove over while I was out, and let himself in to rescue the remaining bourbon.
    Did we just hijack this thread lol
  • redria7redria7 Posts: 308Member Elite Striker
    AzBewbs said:

Did we just hijack this thread lol

You did.

@Pete_MS , what will happen to this forum come August?
    @Pete_MS

I just realized the if the game ends August 1st that is a Tuesday. I have work the next day so how I am supposed to get drunk in honor of MS that night? Please arrange D-Day to be on a Friday or Saturday please :smiley:
    @Amadan I'm with your friend on this one, ha ha, but that's very creative of you. I generally like my bourbon straight but a mint julep or peach julep is nice when it's hot out.

As for the future of the game... I'm 90% sure I'm going to pick up JP from August and 70% sure I'll do casual videos about it but only 20% sure I'll do in-depth videos like I do now. Quite a few people have been asking for videos where I translate everything but it would be a lot more work for what will probably be a much smaller audience.

And one last thing for those of us asking what's the point of playing these last three months... it *is* these last three months that is the point and whether we decide to enjoy the time or not. It's totally understandable to be upset but that shouldn't stop us from actually playing the game. This is very like the Oakland soon-to-be-Las-Vegas Raiders situation, and the parallel between our Transcendent dump and Marshawn Lynch addition is funny too.

• KrakhanKrakhan Posts: 268Member Battle-Hardened Striker
    edited May 2
    Pete_MS said:

I think if we were to go back and redo everything, there would've been a lot of things done differently. However, we can't redo the past so just have to try and do better in the future. Thank you for playing and it has been a pleasure for us to run the game.

I'm not sure what or if you can say anything official for a post-mordem, but I'll ask anyways: What would have been done differently in the NA market compared to JP for Monster Strike, gamewise, marketing, etc? I'll just say that in my opinion, the advertising campaign attempted was not the way to go.
  • KrakhanKrakhan Posts: 268Member Battle-Hardened Striker
    cabbage said:

As for the future of the game... I'm 90% sure I'm going to pick up JP from August and 70% sure I'll do casual videos about it but only 20% sure I'll do in-depth videos like I do now.

You're still living in Japan now right? Definitely a good choice since the game is still thriving well of course. And the event scheduling would work better for you since prime events are at good hours there, unlike with me where I have to play a lot of newer impossibles and colossals early in the morning.

Very fun, though a very busy game if you do plan on doing everything.
    @Krakhan
    I'm not sure what or if you can say anything official for a post-mordem, but I'll ask anyways: What would have been done differently in the NA market compared to JP for Monster Strike, gamewise, marketing, etc? I'll just say that in my opinion, the advertising campaign attempted was not the way to go.

Lack of synergy between marketing and the dev team, the advertising campaign being one of the symptoms of the cause. I think with everything still fresh (dev team still digesting the news as well) it might be best not to go into too much detail. But maybe I'll chime in with some more thoughts once everything cools down. :)
    @AzBewbs
    I just realized the if the game ends August 1st that is a Tuesday. I have work the next day so how I am supposed to get drunk in honor of MS that night? Please arrange D-Day to be on a Friday or Saturday please

Hey, I have work the next day, too! I'll still be pouring some out that night. ;)
    edited May 3
    @redria7
    @Pete_MS , what will happen to this forum come August?

Forums won't be closed right on the 1st. We'll probably keep them open for a little bit after that, and let everyone say their final goodbyes.
    @Sanwanchez
    Thank you for the kind words. They are very much appreciated!
  • iMacKiMacK Posts: 35Administrator, Moderator Monster Strike Studio
    @Sanwanchez

Thank you for the post! Much love!
  • luanminhluanminh Posts: 19Member Novice Striker
    edited May 3
    Dear Global MS team,

Please send this proposal to JP team or Mixi/Xflag president!

- Fair transition from MS global to MS JP

Anyone who wants to transfer to MS JP can send a transfer request to the team.

Set a schedule - have a due date for this.

First, accounts will be inspected for any frauds or modding scheme. If it fails, deny the transfer request. If it pass, make the transfer as follow

Technical detail:

Account rank and statistic: Keep as it is

Quest voucher: remove all voucher ( to avoid any incompatibility)

Monster Box: 2 type of boxes with the following treatment
    + Expie & morling box: remove all the expie and morling , for a fair transition
    + Monster box: System will pick up to 100 random monsters from player's box to transfer. (Explain: if the players want to keep certain monsters, they will sell any unnecessary monsters to keep only 100 they need most. If the monster number is below 100, they will all be transferred. ). Luck stat of the transferred monster will be reset to 1. (I think this is fair enough)

---
    Why this proposal? Because people have spent actual money on this. Mixi/Xflag need to do something fair about this closure...
  • SanwanchezSanwanchez Posts: 3Member Novice Striker
    @cabbage @AzBewbs I'm more of a tequila kinda person, but I am quite fond of southern comfort. Sake's also pretty good (I drink it warm myself)
  • RyftWolfRyftWolf Posts: 4Member Novice Striker

Guess I should have sold my accounts back in the day ;)
    Pete_MS said:

@AzBewbs

I just realized the if the game ends August 1st that is a Tuesday. I have work the next day so how I am supposed to get drunk in honor of MS that night? Please arrange D-Day to be on a Friday or Saturday please

Hey, I have work the next day, too! I'll still be pouring some out that night. ;)
    @Pete_MS

Even more reason to move it to a Friday or Saturday. We can get drunk asf together and not care about the next day lol.
  • ProfProf Posts: 16Member Novice Striker
    Pete, Imack, Dash it was great meeting you in LA. Thanks for all of your work on a fun game.
    I'm reminded of another game I loved that ended prematurely: Star Wars CCG. Anyone else remember that one? It played differently than most other games since it was very location-based and was also really respectful of the lore and sometimes very funny. At one point it was more popular than MTG, but the company that made the game somehow lost the license and that was that. I still have some of my collection stashed away (complete set of Star Destroyers, mwa ha ha) but I haven't played it since 2001. I guess what I'm saying is that players that have invested a lot into physical card games can also have the rug pulled out from under them.

• ffingerlesglovesffingerlesgloves Posts: 8Member Novice Striker
    First this is some bull*** , and everyone is just giving up
  • FlyingClutchmanFlyingClutchman Posts: 264Member Elite Striker

First this is some bull*** , and everyone is just giving up

No one here has the ability to keep the game going. When a business decides it's no longer financially viable to maintain a product, the only options are to sell the rights to the development of the product and, if that fails, just drop it entirely. On top of all that, we have no real clue what XFlag permits mixi to do with the rights they hold.

So unless someone has a fortune we don't know about and would like to negotiate with Mixi/XFlag to acquire the rights to develop MS, there's nothing anyone can do.

I understand people are upset, but there are far too many people choosing to handle this situation with a hostile outburst. Ironically this is the most active I've ever seen this forum and it's not the best way to go out.
  • redria7redria7 Posts: 308Member Elite Striker
    I'm sitting at 345k friend points. What is everyone gonna do with theirs? Burn them all or let them stay till the end?