Discussion Hall

Welcome Strikers! Don't forget to confirm your e-mail address after registration! To have the confirmation mail resent, check the popup at the bottom of your screen.

Coffee story - disregard if you use alt's

icemanteaicemantea Posts: 83Member Up-and-coming Striker
One time at work, the boss put in a keurig machine with a dispensary.

The dispensary allows one free pod per account/person. Beyond the free pod, each person can buy more if needed.

We were all happy, but some people wanted more coffee without paying. They made new accounts and started using them.

The boss saw this, but let it be for the sake of the office.

The folks try to legitmitize thier actions to others co-works when the topic came up. Rationizing what they did, did not hurt anyone at the office.

One day the the Keurig went away.

I went back to tea.

RIP MS!

Comments

• TIPSPTIPSP Posts: 173Member Elite Striker
    edited May 3
    You really don't understand... Alts have nothing to do with this. This closure is nothing more but a billion dollar company ending a product version simpler because they don't believe it is preforming well. It might not be. Global doesn't have players that spend $175,000 in a Mobil game.

They pulled the plug on the global is because of a serious of stupid mistakes on xflags part.

First was the remove a social co op. (They forced the players to have Alts.)

Second the stupid advertisements they tried to pull off.

Lastly, the lack of content. Mixi held back so much from global.

F*** off and go back to your tea.
  • FancypantsFancypants Posts: 337Member Elite Striker
    To make this analogy complete you have to include the fact that these additional pods cost $10 each, so naturally people find a way to get them for free. The boss got the idea from his other office which is full of coffee aficionados who REALLY love coffee and have no problem spending $10 per cup.
  • redria7redria7 Posts: 308Member Elite Striker
    edited May 3
    The alt discussion is nonexistent.

Take me for example. Try to sell me monster strike for $50 and I'll buy it. There is a ton of content, good co-op interaction, and I enjoy it.

Try to sell me a chance at a random 5* for $50, and I'll laugh in your face.

If this game ever presented an opportunity to buy something concrete, I'd have done so in a heartbeat. When I visited Japan, I bought the art book and the snow bow cd because I love the game. Orbs were too unreliable to spend money on though.

Me using an alt means that instead of 1 account not buying orbs, there were 2 accounts not buying orbs. In comparison to your analogy, my second coffee pod is equivalent to the sever space needed for an extra account, not the dollars I would have spent on orbs (which would have been 0 regardless). I somehow doubt that server space consumed by Alts is the reason ms is closing.
  • Mr.FMr.F Posts: 2,136Member Legendary Striker
    edited May 3
    @icemantea You're thinking physically, not digitally.

Think of it... like flyers. Pretend I am an artist, and I make giant canvas oil landscape paintings. This is how I earn my living. I will print 1,000 small paper flyers every day of my giant paintings and hand them out as adverts. I am in front of your office, handing these out. They look nice enough to putin a frame on your desk or put on the fridge door. But I only make money if someone asks me to sell a large painting.

Now, I'm going around town giving these small pictures out. You can take one, or as many as you want. Pass them to your friends! Put them all over your office! I just look forward to selling that one painting to offset all these flyers I'm making.

Staying in front of your office a few years, I've given out millions of my ads. Some of your bosses have asked me to paint for them once or twice. But I feel like that isn't a regular thing so I'm going to focus handing these out at another building.

You find my flyers look nice, and you took several or copied them yourself and passed it around. But to me they are ads. I still need to sell paintings, so I am moving away, but at least you have that picture to remember me by.
    "This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
  • k23usak23usa Posts: 37Member Up-and-coming Striker
    edited May 3
    Mr.F said:

I still need to sell paintings, so I am moving away, but at least you have that picture to remember me by.

Great analogy, but I think in our case the flyers and pictures at our building are all going to combust come August 1.
    TIPSP said:

Lastly, the lack of content. Mixi held back so much from global.

I don't suppose you know how profitable Korea was? They had a lot of content (including regional exclusives), but was it just lack of market share (because the Korean market is flooded with mobile MMOs, their popular genre of gaming) that caused their closure last year?
  • KrakhanKrakhan Posts: 268Member Battle-Hardened Striker
    This is a very crappy analogy that has nothing to do with the closure of the global version of NA, dude.
  • FlyingClutchmanFlyingClutchman Posts: 264Member Elite Striker
    Almost guaranteed I spent more money on my alt than you did period. I spent the same amount of money on both of my accounts. The only story you're telling is one of a man devoid of logic who doesn't like that other people play a mobile game on more than one device at a time.
  • ProfProf Posts: 16Member Novice Striker
    I also spent a good chunk of change on my alt as well, while continuing to spend money on my main.
  • icemanteaicemantea Posts: 83Member Up-and-coming Striker
    You didn't read the thread's title clearly. And I call horse shoe on many of you.
  • SadaharuSadaharu Posts: 60Member Up-and-coming Striker
    Why pay when you can get it for free. Welcome to reality
  • angolmoaangolmoa Posts: 228Member Battle-Hardened Striker
    This must be your first mmo game you ever played. Alt long exist since the first day of mmo even within those popular ones you can name, yet none of them getting bad effects by this factor. Not to mention jp ms player base have at least half of them has alts, h3ll more than 1 alt, yet it still making big bucks. So I don't really see your point.

Almost guaranteed I spent more money on my alt than you did period. I spent the same amount of money on both of my accounts. The only story you're telling is one of a man devoid of logic who doesn't like that other people play a mobile game on more than one device at a time.

Also by the logic of the OP, shouldn't we all allow to have only 1 phone at a time?
    Also, as for acquiring free orbs, affinity with other players on social co-op is far more damaging than someone playing with alts and no one else. I knew people who got thousands of orbs during affinity events, more than I could ever get playing with only two accounts.
    It is sad for many of you dumb trucks. By just looking at the your post counts, it is clear you need a life. MS is a business and just a game. I hope you have fun with your pretentious max luck counts.

icemantea said:

It is sad for many of you dumb trucks. By just looking at the your post counts, it is clear you need a life. MS is a business and just a game. I hope you have fun with your pretentious max luck counts.

Now you just sound like a 10 years old.....
    Well... It be over for many of you soon :)
  • HastedHasted Posts: 41Member Up-and-coming Striker
    icemantea said:

"It's just a game" is a really poor argument. Sure, it might be a game; and sure, it might have no tangible value. But that's not the point. People devote a lot of time and money to the things they enjoy, and partake in them because they enjoy them. Being distraught because all of that time and money invested is going to vanish is perfectly valid. You still have the memories, but that's all. There is no moving forward, there's just nothing.

Losing a pastime you like is a lot like losing a friend. You'll be fine without them, but you'll never be able to have those same experiences you used to enjoy.
    Main: 800 536 323 248
    Alt 1: 310 437 965 952
    Alt 2: 746 891 691 422
    Alt 3: 433 375 937 020
    edited May 5
    Hasted said:

People devote a lot of time and money to the things they enjoy, and partake in them because they enjoy them. Being distraught because all of that time and money invested is going to vanish is perfectly valid.

That sentiment I get.
    icemantea said:

Well... It be over for many of you soon :)

This? Not so much. Thanks for playing, see you on the other side?
    Yup. All things come to a end, unless it is something important; do not take it seriously
  • Pete_MSPete_MS Posts: 493Administrator, Moderator Monster Strike Studio
    Closing this thread. Please refrain from posts that exist just to rile people up. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.