Discussion Hall

Welcome Strikers! Don't forget to confirm your e-mail address after registration! To have the confirmation mail resent, check the popup at the bottom of your screen.

New events/quests thoughts after 5/1 announcement:

wwan003wwan003 Posts: 82Member Up-and-coming Striker

Before I change the tone from positive to negative, I am very enjoyed on all the half stamina new events/quests with 5X medals rewards, daily impossibles event (or shorten the waiting period for next impossibles challenges), announce more new hatchers, and best of all half stamina on daily Temple/gem quests.

I am very appreciated!

However…

How come you took away a lot of previous good features away from the players that built up for years and harm the player experiences. For example,

1.New hatcher without at least 1 5* drop(s) guarantee in 10 shot roll

2.After completing the new events, there are no more rewards on “Mission Log > Special page” from orbs to ascension material monsters.

3.When completing the new extreme quests, there is no more luck bonus clearing 3 times, 5 times or 10 times.

4.When new event rolls out, the game webpage no longer describes the new feather hatcher stat in Evo and Asc forms. Even your guys don’t provide us a link and check the JP webpage.

5.No more system updates

6.No more transcension monsters available.

Life is already difficult after 5/1 closure announcement and learns the new way playing this game. It is difficult seeing all my friends left the Line group or play new games. To be honest, not everyone I know and commit playing JP version. Language barriers and different affinity system are a huge drawback along raising new account from scratch.

I understand NA (Global) is an unsuccessful and immature market compare Taiwan and Japan. In a business standpoint, cutting tie early than keep losing money is a good strategy to keep the balance sheet in green than red. Yet, exiting the market, losing reputation and gaining bad memories will harm down mixi future global strategy in a long run. Please reissue those old features!

Comments

• FancypantsFancypants Posts: 338Member Elite Striker
    wwan003 said:

6.No more transcension monsters available.

They gave us probably more than a year's worth of transcensions at the same time. Would you have preferred they release them one per week for the remainder of the time?

• AmadanAmadan Posts: 553Member Master Striker
    I understand that it's harsh and no one wants to hear it, but: the features you're asking for take development time, and spending development time on Global is literally a waste of money at this point.

I suspect we're only going to get easy content unlocks and nothing else - and even that is already more than they had to do. Everyone still playing on Global should appreciate that they're giving you this much time between announcement and shutdown instead of shutting it down immediately, appreciate the Transcend dump and the rapid dungeon/content dumps, and make the most of the time they have left.

Or just go restart on JP - after all, the sooner you restart, the sooner you start building back up again. Just saying. ;)
  • hayatohayato Posts: 31Member Up-and-coming Striker
    Amadan said:

Or just go restart on JP - after all, the sooner you restart, the sooner you start building back up again. Just saying. ;)

I agree with this, I already at rank 151 atm when i start it on 1st May, im actually got my account back on the JP 3rd anniversary for the free monster, but i never touch that account until the NA announced that they will closed, glad i still keep my JP MS on my phone and now i really gotten so fast catching up everything even the first and second batch of impossible are already clear and now im focusing on 5 ml for the collosal and then, im done grinding and back to casual like i used to do on 900 days with NA MS
  • wwan003wwan003 Posts: 82Member Up-and-coming Striker
    For me, I will keep playing NA (Global) till last day. I still have 53 days to think and decide to have JP journey or not. Like some of my Line friends, I have established my JP account after 5/1 announcement, yet I stop playing daily after 9.1 releases and focus NA recent rich context and daily impossibles quests.

For Fancypants,

If you follow TW version, they have same list of tran monsters than NA does. Plus, Hercules, Athena, Jeanne and two regions exclusively tran monsters that we don't have. We thankful received lots of tran on 5/1 instead of waiting for every quarter or longer to get one. I don't even want to compare JP version where they have weekly tran release news. At least something to keep the remaining players busy and playing new quests.
  • SFGundamSFGundam Posts: 857Moderator Community Moderator
    They are just releasing all the content that they had localized. They aren't going to waste time/money to localize more stuff for the reasons amadan said.

To be honest, you have 7-8 months worth of content in a 3 month period. I think that is more than enough to keep players busy.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Youtube Channel / Twitter / Wiki / Blog

Monster Strike the Movie
    edited June 9
    SFGundam said:

They are just releasing all the content that they had localized. They aren't going to waste time/money to localize more stuff for the reasons amadan said.

To be honest, you have 7-8 months worth of content in a 3 month period. I think that is more than enough to keep players busy.

You mean they were releasing all the content they had localized on 5/1 and careless the customer satisfaction till 8/1.

I agree they release 7-8 months worth of content in last 3 months period. If you truly play NA daily and participate Line group conversation, no one even host or ask for gem quests since the middle of May. Because the existing players tran their monsters and no need to play anymore. They got what they need and keep them busy. Is that right?

Free feel to contact the developers and check the traffic stat.
    edited June 10
    wwan003 said:

You mean they were releasing all the content they had localized on 5/1 and careless the customer satisfaction till 8/1.

If you're complaining that they mass-released several months of localized content, then I'm not sure what you would prefer. Less content? Dragging this content out instead of just opening the gates and giving you everything?
    If you truly play NA daily and participate Line group conversation, no one even host or ask for gem quests since the middle of May.
    Well, sure. Many people quit when the announcement was made to make a clean break, or already restarted on JP and are dedicating their time there, or are playing the new content but not spending hours upon hours to farm rare drops for a game that's about to shut down.
    Free feel to contact the developers and check the traffic stat.
    No need for the devs, that's an easy one: traffic has plummeted. Of COURSE traffic has plummeted. The game is going away, and people aren't going to invest more time into it.

Amadan,

Question...

If you think JP is so supreme and dedicating your time there, why you still reading MS Global forum?

If you are interest promoting JP game, open a new thread. No need to read my post and said something I mentioned in the first thread.

Again if you started JP already, great! I will enjoy my last 53 days till server down.

If you did read my thread, my last sentence said, please reissue those old features! I understand the Santa Claus (Mixi) will not follow all my wish list. Speak up better than keeping silent.

• SFGundamSFGundam Posts: 857Moderator Community Moderator
    edited June 10
    wwan003 said:

Because the existing players tran their monsters and no need to play anymore. They got what they need and keep them busy. Is that right?

Half the time I think the only reason that keeps players going is all the new Transcensions (and New Impossible/Colossals) JP announces on a weekly/monthly basis. If not, then there won't be dozens of posts here asking for faster content. I hardly see anyone asking for an Event Series monster or complaining a specific Event Series monster is not coming sooner. If there are ones, a lot of players think they are gateways to those Transcensions since there is a "release order". Now that the Transcensions are here and no more are coming, they feel that they don't need to play anymore and leave.

Content-wise, that is more than enough to keep players busy. However, players don't want to play the content for obvious reasons. Developers can't change that.

As a PS: they have a new game coming out. Say what you want being NA's closing being coincidental or deliberate. Looks to be a worldwide game from the trailer too.

---------------------------------------------
    Youtube Channel / Twitter / Wiki / Blog

Monster Strike the Movie
    You're putting a lot of words into my mouth that I never said. I still read the MS Global forums because I've been playing Global since launch, and I'm invested in the community, and I keep track of what's going on. I've restarted on JP because Global is shutting down. I don't think that's complicated.

I feel like you don't realize what's going on from the devs' perspective when a game shuts down, so I'm trying to explain to you. They didn't "take away" features - things like guaranteed hatchers for a new event series require proactive new work to be done by the devs, and it's unlikely that they'll invest time and money into doing that. Likewise, "no more Transcends" is not "taking away" anything, it just means they're not spending the time to localize anything else that hasn't already been done. "No more system updates" isn't "taking away" anything, it just means they're not spending the time to update an entirely different code base and then exhaustively QA it.

The Global version of the game isn't on life support anymore; they pulled the plug when they made the announcement, and now they're just waiting for the patient to die. That's it. Everything between now and shutdown is "just waiting". One single content dev toggling things that've already been pushed to the client from "off" to "on" is viable - hence the content dump of things that were already built - but anything more than that is 99% not going to happen.
    edited June 10
    SF,

Thank you for follow up and explain more details ongoing events. I agree with you and said, " keeps players going is all the new Transcensions (and New Impossible/Colossals) JP announces on a weekly/monthly basis."

I understand NA just threw ton of localized content tran on 5/1, and keep us busy while most players have tran them in middle of May. Their busy gem time is over. One of the reasons, NA players keep playing NA for an extended period of time while patience waiting for new feature to come because they have a high expectation to use their old puppy with new power again.

One of my long time NA friends (he recently earned 900 log in days bonus ) introduce Mixi newest game, Fight League, to me. I had watched the YouTube video, and will see how's turn out because Mixi keeps every game pictures block and treat like a top secret material. (On the side note, another long time veteran said between our conversation. He will not play another Mixi developed game because how they disappoint and mistreat NA (Global) players.

Amaden,

"They didn't "take away" features - things like guaranteed hatchers for a new event series require proactive new work to be done by the devs, and it's unlikely that they'll invest time and money into doing that. "

I don't see how it is a proactive new work, they had a program in the past and place the same codes again. Money and time had spent long times ago, do you think?

""no more Transcends" is not "taking away" anything, it just means they're not spending the time to localize anything else that hasn't already been done. "

For my understanding after SF introduced localize content to me, it seems mixi hired people and recorded English strike shot (SS) voice on each character (ex. Strikkkke shoooooot). If this cost ton of money or time to create new voices, why they not follow TW or JP platform and using the same voice tone. For example, using JP voice tone input to NA game. Players want to use the new characters, careless the character speak English or not.

" - hence the content dump of things that were already built - but anything more than that is 99% not going to happen."

Contents had been built a long time ago, they just need to share and satisfy the NA player in last "buzz" events. If you have a family member who diagnoses Level 4 cancer, I guess you just dump them to the hospital (or more likely to the cave, so the medical bill will not return to bite you) and let them die.

For me, I will spend time with my loved one till last day and keep them happy and peaceful in the last journey.

It is interesting heard from someone said, " I've been playing Global since launch, and I'm invested in the community, and I keep track of what's going on."
    OK, I think there's a fundamental misunderstanding here:
    I don't see how it is a proactive new work, they had a program in the past and place the same codes again. Money and time had spent long times ago, do you think?
    In general across most game development, there's a distinction between "content" and "engineering".
    • "Engineering" is work that actually touches the game code: adding new features, for example. This type of work will have fewer people working on it (since need people with a solid coding background), more difficult to test (since QA will have to not only test the new code but also everything that the code touches, and everything that touches everything that it touches, etc), and more difficult to deploy (because you need to bring the servers down before you can push the new code up from Test to Live).
    • Because of all of those factors, it is extremely likely that you will not see anything come to Global that requires engineering time.
    • "Content" is work that uses tools made by the engineers, but doesn't actually touch the game code. For example, adding a new unit to the game is a job for a content dev (as long as it doesn't have something like a new type of strike shot which would require engineering support). Adding a new event series hatcher to the game is a job for a content dev (the engineers create the code that makes hatchers work, but then the content devs do the work of actually making the hatchers).
    • Because it's possible for one content dev to add new content with minimal support, it is extremely likely that you'll only see content-driven additions to Global.
    • Adding a new event series hatcher can probably be done by a content dev on their own. Therefore, Global will probably get new event series. However, adding a new "guaranteed pull but single use only" hatcher probably also requires engineering support and probably also requires more QA testing - therefore, Global will probably not get these because XFlag is trying to minimize the time and effort they put into Global at this point.
    So - Transcends that are already set up, but not available yet? A content dev can turn those on, so sure, Global got them. New Transcends that aren't set up yet? Global probably won't see those because they usually have new bump combos, strike shots, or abilities, which means they'd need engineering support, which means they're unlikely to happen.

All of the things you asked for in your original post are more complicated and take more than a bare minimum of time invested - so they're also unlikely to happen.
    Amaden,

While researching "coding and engineering" problems, I found some interesting articles. If you have a chance, take a look!

http://reboundmobile.com/breaching-the-japanese-game-market-mission-impossible/

http://www.japanstrategy.com/business-in-japan/

I still skeptical what you mean on "engineering support", "QA testing", and "Localization". Those infrastructures can be fixed. I am leaning to the translation and risk factor problems.

For myself, I have followed MS Global quite some time and heard this game from Asian YouTubers who plays MS-TW version. Most of them still playing, some JP content arrived in TW version less than a week. Some extreme case in next day.

Good discussion!