Discussion Hall

Welcome Strikers! Don't forget to confirm your e-mail address after registration! To have the confirmation mail resent, check the popup at the bottom of your screen.

Any guesses for new Transcendent monsters at XFlag Park next week?

cabbagecabbage Posts: 2,284Member Legendary Striker
Last year they announced Gimlet, Satan, and Uriel, so what about this year?

I have a hunch it'll be Lucifer and that she will get two forms like Uriel. She's reeeaaaally old now and a lot of her powers have been replicated or bettered in other characters so I think it's about time.
Max lucks... I want all the max lucks.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp3f5nlYq8wOaCRbvuXasYA

Comments

• wwan003wwan003 Posts: 82Member Up-and-coming Striker
    My pick is Oda, Apollo, and Belphegor. They are very old characters. I don't think any legend hatchers will be on the list. I think Mixi more lean to Guardian series first.
  • cabbagecabbage Posts: 2,284Member Legendary Striker
    wwan003 said:

I think Mixi more lean to Guardian series first.

So who, Alice? Amakusa Shiro?

Arthur is another possibility, she's definitely a marquee character.

• hayatohayato Posts: 31Member Up-and-coming Striker
    Lucifer will be announce first for sure, and i bet Apollo and Yggdrasil will get trans at the park..
  • NeilNeil Posts: 9Member Novice Striker
    Lucifer fell out of the topmost rank, but she is still strong enough. I don't think she can get trans this year.
  • DarkenDarken Posts: 16Member Up-and-coming Striker
    edited June 30
    They also announced Nanami and Eclipse DIV last year.

Any old characters have a great chance of receiving a new DIV (Independence, Odas, Apollos), fan favorites are also a good pick (Napoleon, Arthur and Lucy) and we can always hope for the meme DIVs (Bach and Kamui).

There are the left out monsters from past series like Parvatti, Rapunzel, Smopol, Loreley and yara yara yara.

And last year we had that "Prophet" with his Sasuke DIV that never happened.
    edited July 1
    cabbage said:

So who, Alice? Amakusa Shiro?

Cabbage, my pick is Oda, Apollo, and Belphegor. First two is from Guardian series. Maybe Oryo too since she is Ryoma's wife.. why she got left out lol

• Mr.FMr.F Posts: 2,157Member Legendary Striker
    SASUKE MUST BE NEXT...
    "This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
  • SFGundamSFGundam Posts: 857Moderator Community Moderator
    edited July 1
    cabbage said:

I have a hunch it'll be Lucifer and that she will get two forms like Uriel. She's reeeaaaally old now and a lot of her powers have been replicated or bettered in other characters so I think it's about time.

Well this is not like the first time I have heard that...

If you didn't noticed, XFLAG does look in the interwebs for stuff like this. They purposely transcend monsters that people don't predict to keep people surprised. Just look at the Transcensions of 2017. The only one that most people talked about was Margarite and maybe Merlin or Heracles. Then there are 3 that were "leaked" in Nonno, Athena, and Brahma.

If you want to go how the leaks are doing (just like the "prophet" of last year), Alice and Napo will be the stars of XFLAG Park 2017.

People would have gotten Yggdrasil and Sasuke if XFLAG listened to the pleas of the players since they are currently good for their Colossals.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Youtube Channel / Twitter / Wiki / Blog

Monster Strike the Movie
    SFGundam said:

Well this is not like the first time I have heard that...

But it is the first time you've heard it from *me*. People have been suggesting Lucifer for a while now but I always felt it was too early... until now. I had an inkling of a notion when Pandora got Barrier/Command SS powers, and then a stronger hunch when Joan got the Blast-type Energy Circle. Lucifer's powers have been slowly appropriated so it's a good time to update her and have her be a top tier monster again.

Another reason I pick Lucifer is because last year set a precedent to give a Limited monster two Transcendent forms and I think they will do that again this year. Looking at which Limited monsters could most fit the bill here, I see Lucifer, Napoleon, Kamui, Amakusa Shiro, and Himiko. I think if Napoleon and Kamui get theirs, it will be with some anime-related thing. And Lucifer has been in the spotlight a lot lately with her own anime special and appearances in the main story. She's still a face of the brand even if no one uses her anymore, and if she were made useable again, it would knock everyone's socks off. That's exactly what XFlag wants out of their event.

So a lot of reasons for me to have this hunch but I've been wrong in predicting before and I'm prepared to be wrong again. But here's hoping for Rock Star Lucifer!

Being at XFLAG Park last year, there were two moments the crowd really got crazy in terms of the Transcensions:

#1 - Announcement of Nanami and Eclipse AND them being released like a day after

#2 - Announcement of Uri and her having split Transcensions

Both of these things made the crowd really cheered because of the surprise factor. The fact that it didn't take like a week to be added in the game as well as being the first Split Transcension. Tini, Satan and Snow White were basically golf claps in comparison.

If they want to knock the crowd's socks off, they have to do something bigger or better. I don't think a split transcension for Lucifer would cut it anymore if they want to get a bigger cheer. Unless they show her stats and they are so op that would replace Pandora in every single way. People's expectations are so high for her potential Transcension that anything lower (aka bring her back to being #1 indefinitely) would be a failure.

Monster Strike the Movie
    SFGundam said:

I don't think a split transcension for Lucifer would cut it anymore if they want to get a bigger cheer.

And I'm saying I *do* think that announcement would excite people. I've given ample evidence for why I think that and I'll even give some more: Lucifer is beloved. They still keep making new merchandise featuring her. Her freakin' *chair* tours the country. And when she performs "live" next week I wouldn't be surprised if she Transcended like how Snow Bow did last year.

Is it a guarantee? No. But is it very very suspicious? Yes.

Well there goes Lucy's chances...

Not going to say it is 0 because they are releasing her with the band as one monster but still.

Monster Strike the Movie
    I was right about a Lucifer showcase but it took a left turn I wasn't expecting. It's a great idea to do a composite monster with all the different abilities and both Haitoku Pistols and Two For All look really fun and really strong. When I start JP I might do the reset marathon for Haitoku Pistols!

Regarding the Transcendent announcement, I'll stick by my guess of dual-form of Himiko, Kamui, Napoleon, or Amakusa Shiro.

• KrakhanKrakhan Posts: 273Member Battle-Hardened Striker
    I'm feeling it will be Alice, personally.

Otherwise, if it's any monster I have, I'll be happy with that as well.
    edited July 8
    XFlag Park streaming now!

Here's the schedule ((Japan Time) I'm most looking forward to the Monster Sonic show)):

9:30-10:15 オープニング Opening
    10:15-11:30 決戦!フラッグ&エクスドラゴン 〜チーム対抗ストライカーズバトル〜 Limited Character "Flag and X Dragon" Team Battle
    11:30-12:15 モンソニ!Monster Sonic Live Show
    12:15-13:00 ROOM-X 〜Monst Lab Tours〜
    13:00-13:15 スタジオトーク Studio Talk
    13:15-14:00 ありすぅ&今池壁ドンズ presents 僕らの武闘会 Alice and Imaiike Kabedonzu (JP Strikers) VS Acala
    14:00-14:30 モンストークライブ!Monster Talk Live
    14:30-15:15 ファイトリーグ Fight League
    15:15-15:30 スタジオトーク Studio Talk
    15:30-16:00 夜の本気ダンス SPECIAL LIVE Dance Show
    16:00-19:30 モンストグランプリ2017 決勝大会 Monster Strike Grand Prix 2017 (competitive race version of Monster Strike)

Day 2:

Schedule:

9:30-10:15 オープニング Opening
    10:15-11:30 第3回モンストクイズ王決定戦 Quiz Show
    11:30-11:45 スタジオトーク Studio Talk
    11:45-12:30 りえっくす&ベイビーかわけのコレ本当ですか? Ri-X and Baby Kawake's Hatcher Pulls
    12:30-12:45 スタジオトーク Studio Talk
    12:45-13:00 NENBUTSU DANCE 〜4 Star Story〜
    13:00-16:00 第2回モンスト獣王戦 決勝戦 Impossible/Colossal Challenge
    16:00-16:30 MONST OPERETTA~Shaolin Kung ****~
    16:30-16:45 スタジオトーク Studio Talk
    16:45-17:30 MONSTER STRIKE SYMPHONY ~PARK SELECTION~
    17:45-19:30 宇宙最速攻略!?爆絶カナン by M4 Kanan Impossible Quest by M4
    19:30-20:00 モンストニュース Monster News and Transcendent Announcement

• AmadanAmadan Posts: 553Member Master Striker
    And the answer was...

Mozart AND Bach AND Beethoven AND Lyra Kiskill.

Also, Izanami and Kushinada will be going into the Library (FINALLY, woohoo!), and there will be a Full Metal Alchemist collab.
  • SadaharuSadaharu Posts: 67Member Up-and-coming Striker
    Did this game just jump the shark with you know who's trans
    Sadaharu said:

Did this game just jump the shark with you know who's trans

NA players are jealous and upset on the shutdown news while seeing the Musical Greats shine ... sad
    Hmm... The event was fun and impressive and I was glad to see it (online) but I (and lots of folks on the forums) feel let down. Imaiike Kabedonzu didn't perform well in either the Grand Prix or the Colossal speed challenge, and my beloved Babanozono/Baby Kawake team performed even worse! And S-Shima retired! Gah!

I'm personally happy that Izanami and Kushinada were added to the Library but there are quite a few JP players upset about it. They say like "I worked long and hard to make those max lucks, I want everyone to work just as hard for theirs," but they forget that they have enjoyed their ML Impossibles for months or even years already and that those characters are not exactly at the top of the meta game right now. Folks that don't want to help beginners do not impress me.

As for the Transcendent announcement... nobody was asking for these, ha ha. Kisskill is especially puzzling. If there's a second part to the summer anime and she's meant to promote it, fine, but there's no word of it as of now. And she was already powerful before but now she's perhaps obsoleted Aladdin? That's a head-scratcher. I'm sure all the new monsters will be very powerful and fun to use, but I wouldn't call them crowd-pleasers. That title belongs to Haitoku Pistols and Two For All.

Lyra won't make Aladdin obsolete. Aladdin still does more consistent damage (and less reliant on monster positioning) and Lyra will only win out if the dungeon has DW, Warps as well as Magic Circles. She won't outclass Aladdin in dungeons that aren't Izanagi: Zero and Akasha.

The only negativity in terms of Transcensions is why these 4 monsters and not all the other monsters. Like I said in the beginning of this thread, mixi knows what people want and they won't do anything predictable.

FMA Collab was pretty out of left field, especially when there are nothing to promote on the FMA side. The live-action is not until end of 2017 and it is not like they are celebrating an anniversary.

Monster Strike the Movie
  • KrakhanKrakhan Posts: 273Member Battle-Hardened Striker
    In hindsight, with all of the music stuff at the event, and the anime side series that involve musical bands and idols, I guess it fits the theme that the musicians' transcensions would be announced here.
    I personally would be more inclined to choose Lila over Aladdin for most cases because I like that healing and I like that hit-everybody meteor bump more than either of his bumps. But Aladdin is still great, especially for people that haven't gotten Lila yet and for people that want to mess around with the Bomb-Counter SS/Follow-up Piercer "bug".

If XFlag knows what the people want, they purposely withheld it with the Transcendent announcement, ha. There was no knocking-off-of-socks this year. Yes, the lineup was unpredictable but instead of "Wow!" it was "Huh?" No one is going to quit the game over this but it made the event as a whole just a little less special.

Full Metal Alchemist is a good choice for a collaboration because it aims for a younger audience than some of the previous ones like Yuu-Haku or Saint Seiya.

cabbage said:

If XFlag knows what the people want, they purposely withheld it with the Transcendent announcement, ha. There was no knocking-off-of-socks this year. Yes, the lineup was unpredictable but instead of "Wow!" it was "Huh?" No one is going to quit the game over this but it made the event as a whole just a little less special.

They have been doing that for years, even to the time when Ascensions were being added for older monsters. Like I said, they really can't knock people's socks off if the people know what is coming. So in the end, why jeopardize the power balance of the game when there was no way to satisfy people? You can't recreate the magic Uri did last year since people will be expecting of someone of her caliber. If xflag meets that with Lucy or whoever, it won't be "Wow!", it will be more of "Finally". Then you are left with someone that potentially shift everyone's attention away from non-Legends or non-Guardians hatchers which then cuts profits for xflag. All you need is Lucy or whoever and you don't have to roll or buy orbs for at least a year. Or they can powercreep the game so much which is never a good thing.

Either way, people liked Bach because he looked more troll than before (plus he is somewhat useful). Lyra was nice positive because Hanazawa Kana is the goddess to Anime fans. FMA was the main attraction.

Monster Strike the Movie
    Going in reverse order: I don't see how FMA could have been the main attraction of XFlag Park if no one knew it was coming. The true main attraction was the Transcendent announcement. If you read the live comments section you would have seen the most frequent comment was "When is Monster News?" (The second most frequent comment was "My hatcher money is paying for this?!", especially when the dancers were performing, ha)

As for Bach, there were quite a few people that wished he would have stayed crappy forever in order to cement his joke status but I think the designers made a good compromise by referencing the pre-Evolution look. No argument on Hanazawa Kana's fame but that still doesn't change the "Huh?" factor.

You know what really cuts profits? Transcendent forms of non-Limited monsters! Making a monster that many people already have stronger and more relevant is a great way to keep wallets closed. In my case, I knew a bunch of the monsters I had were going to be upgraded so I spent zero dollars this year knowing that I could still remain current without the newer monsters. Some other games done by some less charitable companies, however, leave those old characters to wither while saving the relevant powers and abilities for the brand-new characters thus making players open their wallets. But XFlag is generous and they know the players like them so they keep updating older characters. They don't need to fleece their players to stay in the black and they know that.

Finally, I don't see how any one character can shift the entire game these days; the newer high-level missions especially call for such specific abilities that players really need a well-rounded box to beat them all. It's not power creep exactly but it's another way to keep players going for new units. Unless they release a monster with Full Resistance, Null All, All Slayer, and a 4-turn SS that changes it from Bounce to Pierce or vice versa, we don't have to worry about one breaking the game. Haitoku Pistols, in my opinion, looks like the closest thing to a broken monster and it's not even close to being able to go to all missions.

With the amount of people rolling in Hatchers with only Limited monsters, chances are players have them. There is a higher chance of people not having a non-Limited monster due to the sheer amount of them. Plus xflag never picks what people want because the players actually have those monsters.

They wanted to balanced the hatchers out. After XFLAG Park, a lot of Hatchers got a big boost in popularity:

- Legends: Kamui's viability in Canaan, and Canaan is really strong. Kamui + Noah is pretty much a free win in that dungeon.
    - Fire Hatcher (Red Stars): Haitoku Pistols
    - Light Hatcher (Starlight Mirage): Lyra Transcension
    - Dark Hatcher (Midnight Party): two for all

Add in Guardians and the Water Hatcher and we have the 6 Hatchers that are normally "worth" rolling for. For the longest time, when Lucy and Gabriel were still #1, everyone just rolls Legends. Even Guardians was not that great until Uri got her Transcension. Players can just save their free orbs to roll for one Hatcher. Now that there are so many Hatchers for players, free orbs are not enough so they have IAP. Now it is the matter of how many people actually pay money and how many people leave due to the paywall.

It is not about staying in black for Monster Strike. It is about staying #1 in the World.

Monster Strike the Movie
  • SadaharuSadaharu Posts: 67Member Up-and-coming Striker
    I wish trying to stay #1 in the world included the West. It seems their biggest completion is Clash of Clans/Clash Royale, who have a following in both the East and West. Regardless, I love Monster Strike